Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Nils Udo

Envro Artist of the Day!

I should say night because of the late hour of this post but having to stay at work till 9:30 then eating and finally having the time to post will cause for a late night adventure with art. I also have to contend with a 4 month old puppy that demands to sit on my lap while I attempt to type my entry.

Either way I wanted to at least end the night on something beautiful and two of the first environmental or naturalist artists that I learned about.  The first being Nils Udo....

This artist is using nature to emphasize nature.  The found materials from his work site form berries, to twigs, or leaves are used to create stunning and inspiring beautiful works of art.  Each work responds to the environment in which they live and are a direct reflection to that landscape.  He calls these works "potential utopias" from large nests to colorful mounds nature becomes both the material and the inspiration.


To me these works are both creative and inspiring.  I love how Udo uses only the world around him to create his works.  He is not harming the landscape, but enhancing what already existed.  The patience, diligence, and work ethic these structures have are incredibly awe inspiring, and I hope that one day my own art with create such feelings in others...

You can see more of his work on Green Museum: http://www.greenmuseum.org/content/artist_index/artist_id-36.html

No comments:

Post a Comment