Friday, June 21, 2013

Environmental Art in the Classroom

I love the research portion of my project.  Finding new information and ways that current educators are doing to integrate environmental issues into an art curriculum.  I am wishing this guide was still in print because I would read it cover to cover again and again till the spine was beginning to fail.  The book to which I am referring to is Heather Anderson's "Art and Eco Awareness: A Teachers Guide to Art and the Natural Environment."
Anderson's guide has over twenty lesson plans, plus tons of other activities that teachers can bring into their classroom.  According to the write up the guide is fully illustrated and has detailed step by step instructions of the lesson plans. 

The other really neat feature of the guide is that is has up to date information about environmental issues and different ways that we can get involved to make a difference.  If you have ever seen Monty Python's "Quest for the Holy Grail" this guide would be my holy grail....

No comments:

Post a Comment